Wednesday, August 5, 2009

VISTA: Top 10 worst things (in my case)


Not all the new technology is better its predecessor. Anybody who ever used XP and then forced or 'volunteerily' move to Vista will absolutely understand this very well. I've read from many sources and heard from many people about the worst things vista has 'offered'. I don't really care until finally I myself use it and now experience it deeper and deeper.

Not everything bad about Vista. There are some good things. Unfortunately, this good things are really really NOTHING compared to bad things Vista can give you!

What are those bad things? Just keep reading... I'll start with the one that relate much on my daily work...
1) Less backward compatibility
1 - You can't use your Visual Studio 2003 in Vista to build application. Ironically you can use Visual Basic 6...what the heck!

2- Visual Studio 2005 is not stable in Vista. The application frequently terminated without any cause (don't know what are the causes) So, always save your every 30 seconds so that you won't lost some of your work. This is NO 1 worst problem I'm facing in Vista. One example ..

Visual studio has stopped working, now looking for solution..couldn't find any solution anyway

3 - How about compatibility mode? It's good feature. Unfortunately good doesn't mean work. Most of the time, doesn't work at all. I think maybe microsoft just want to introduce this feature. Work or not was not a problem. Most importantly people know. (This might be true since the compatibilty mode in windows 7 working very much better according to some)

2: "Where all my hard disk space gone..??"

The C drive space is shrinking extremely fast. I don't even know where the culprit is. Worse when the result from "Computer" really look different from ctrl-A right-click all folders in folder C. For example, from Computer, I see 95.8 GB used, BUT if I go inside C drive, ctrl-A right click, I got 44.2 GB, it differs more than double!








The list will be updated...believe me, there are lots to be updated ...I just can't think so much bacause I feel of killing the Vista developers right now!!!!

Harggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!

No comments: